Dr. Fort, Oral Surgeon
Oral Surgeon & Dental Implant Specialist in St. Petersburg FL
Dr. Kenyon Fort is a native Floridian. He grew up in the Tampa Bay area and attended Tampa Catholic High school. He began his educational training at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia, where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree at Meharry Medical College, School of Dentistry. It was during his General Practice Residency at Hubbard Hospital / Meharry Medical College he developed an interest in Oral Surgery. He then completed a four-year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Harlem Hospital Center in affiliation with Columbia University. With a special interest in Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction, Dr. Fort entered a one-year fellowship in Temporomandibular Joint arthroscopy in Miami, Florida with a renowned pioneer in the field.
Dr. Fort has been in private practice since 1997. He is located in St. Petersburg, Florida and is committed to providing excellence in every aspect of patient care. He provides the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgical care with an emphasis on dental implants, bone grafting and wisdom teeth removal. He has extensive experience in the management of oral pathology, corrective jaw surgery and trauma to the facial skeleton. He has been trained in the most technologically advanced forms of dental implant treatment modalities utilizing CT guided implant procedures. Dr. Fort is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is certified in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and has a permit for general anesthesia.
Dr. Fort is an active member of the following:
- the trauma team at Bayfront Medical Center where he maintains hospital privileges and manages patients with oral and maxillofacial injuries,
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,
- Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,
- Pinellas County Dental Association,
- the American Dental Association,
- National Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,
- American Association of Implant Dentist
He also participates in local community programs. Dr. Fort is a frequent volunteer at the St. Petersburg Free Clinic and mentors students interested in healthcare careers. He is a member of Omega Psi Phi and Sigma Pi Phi Fraternities. Dr. Fort enjoys traveling and cycling. He is married to Dr. Nathalia Jeffrey-Fort and they have three children.
- Call St. Petersburg Oral Surgery & Dental Implants Phone Number St. Petersburg Oral Surgery & Dental Implants Phone Number 727-525-5455 with questions or to make an appointment.
- First Visit/New Patients
- Patient Scheduling
- Online Patient Registration
- Dental Insurance
- Payment Options
- Meet Us
- Get Driving Directions
- Patient Testimonials